by Amanda Mears
There’s a valid reason to explain why picking out perfume to give as a gift sometimes seems like an impossible task. Perfume can be extremely personal to the wearer, based on favorite scents and the reaction to individual body chemistry. However, if you’re looking to buy a gift that is both personal and luxurious, you can’t go wrong with perfume. This guide will outline the top 5 reasons to give perfume as a gift and help make the gifting process a little bit easier.
Reasons to Give Perfume as a Gift:
1. You can never have too many fragrance options. Even if the perfume recipient already has a signature scent, chances are they will be delighted to add another fragrance to their collection. Because the signature notes found in perfumes have such a wide range, having several different scents ensures you’ll always have the right one for any occasion. For night time, try a scent with musk, vanilla or heavier flowers like jasmine. Daytime scents tend to be lighter and floral-based, so look for notes of freesia and grapefruit if that’s what you have in mind.
2. Perfume is easy to pick out with a few guidelines. Age and past scents are good things to keep in mind when buying a fragrance to give as a gift. Trendy designer perfumes endorsed by celebrities are perfect for younger women, while older women may prefer classic fragrances. If you know she has a favorite scent, find out what the main elements of that fragrance are. From there you can easily select something that is similar but new.
3. Receiving perfume lets her try out new scents. Perfume is a luxury that often comes last on a list of needed beauty products. When you give perfume as a gift, you give her the freedom to branch out and try something new.
4. Fragrance gift sets make a complete gift. Many popular perfume styles come in specially priced value gift sets that include body lotion, shower gel and portable roll-on scents. They can also include commemorative boxes or tote bags.
5. Perfume makes a romantic gift. If you’re looking for a personal gift for a romantic occasion, perfume is the perfect choice. Choose a luxurious multi-piece designer perfume set or a fragrance gift basket to show how much you care.